This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Forbes Research Pte. Ltd. (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our survey respondents in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes. Here at Forbes Research, we take just as much pride in providing you with data protection as we do in providing you with our world-class innovation and consultancy. This notice is to inform you on our adherence to the obligations of the PDPA as well as the steps we have taken to provide security and protection for the data you have provided. This notice will also be taken as deemed consent unless otherwise stated.
1. As used in this Notice:
“Survey Respondents” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data" means data, whether true or not, about a survey respondent who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, employment information and financial information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has
been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised
representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have
provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data
without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data
and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity for Surveys;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(f) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(g) transmitting to any affiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, any other purposes for which you have provided the information or purposes we have been contracted to collect the information for e.g. In the form of surveys;
(h) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above; and
(i) Website visitor traffic and informatics via cookies stored on our website: https://www.forbes.com.sg
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you or or survey initiators;
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes; or
(c) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you). This may also include situations where the survey project has ended.
8. In compliance with the PDPA, we may collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent for the legitimate interests of
Forbes Research Pte. Ltd. or another person. In relying on the legitimate interests exception of the PDPA, Forbes Research Pte. Ltd. will
assess the likely adverse effects on the individual and determine that the legitimate interests outweigh any adverse effect.
9. In line with the legitimate interests’ exception, we will collect, use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
The purposes listed in the above clause may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
10. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
11. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
12. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
13. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
17. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase storage media in devices before disposal, web security measures against risks, usage of one time password(OTP)/2 factor authentication (2FA)/multi-factor authentication (MFA) to secure access, security review and testing performed regularly, credential exposure checks, and device vulnerability assessments and security hardening.
18. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
19. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
20. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws and to carry out the intended purpose for which it was collected for.
21. We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
22. Your personal information is presently stored for up to 8 months and will be reviewed for destruction when necessary, when you request for the information to be removed or when you terminate your dealings for goods and services offered by us.
23. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
24. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Mr. Jalobi Cruz @ Forbes Research Pte. Ltd.
Contact No. : +65 6250 2212
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
25. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
26. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.